1. 80% of what we keep we never use. – Agency Sales Magazine
2. Getting rid of clutter would eliminate 40% of the housework in the average home. – NSDA
3. 80% of clutter is the result of disorganization, not lack of space. – NSDA
4. We wear 20% of the clothes we own, 80% of the time. The rest just hangs there, just in case. – Calgary Herald
5. Americans waste more than nine million hours collectively, on any given day looking for lost and misplaced articles. – Ottawa Citizen
6. More than 90% declare an overwhelming sense of “time poverty” – part of an epidemic of anxiety and pressure in our society. – Psychology Today
7. Unequivocally, 80% of our medical expenditures are now stress related.
– The Centers for Disease Control
8. The average executive wastes six weeks annually searching for important documents lost in clutter. – Wall Street Journal
9. An enterprise employing 1,000 knowledge workers wastes $48,000 per week, or nearly $2.5M per year, due to an inability to locate and retrieve information. – IDC Report
10. White collar workers waste an average of 40% of their workday. Not because they aren’t smart, but because they were never taught organizing skills to cope with the increasing workloads and demands. – Wall Street Journal
Anyone feel like throwing out some of their stuff and getting organized?